Commencing at 12:01 am (EDT) Saturday, June 13, 2009, Facebook provides a new facility to simplify the user facebook facebook ID if you want to give it to his friend and that is obviously easier to remember. The facility is a unique naming of each facebook profile. For example, my facebook profile now can be opened with an address http://www.facebook.com/superaman. More cool right? Hehehe ..
- Access a facebook.com page by typing http://www.facebook.com/username in your browser address bar.
- Login using your email address and password your account, if you have not logged into your facebook account.
- After you log in, the page will appear as follows:
- You can pick one username at facebook (usually in accordance with a first name and your last name). If you do not feel comfortable with the alternative, you can choose another by clicking the "next" and create their own username by filling in the text box below (enter your username).
- To ensure your username (username) is not already taken, click the "check availability."
- If the user name is not used, you can simply click on the confirmation.
- Next will come the caption "your user name has been set. Now you can direct your friends to facebook.com / yourname. "