Nowadays, having a computer or laptop is not a luxury anymore as a few years ago. However, computer or laptop without internet connection like vegetables without salt. Our daily needs requires us to frequently connect to the internet. Ranging from sending emails , chatting with co-workers and friends, create a blog , to update your facebook status .
So what tools are needed to make our favorite computer or laptop connected to the internet?
Here is a checklist that needs to be prepared so that the computer is connected to the internet safely :
- Internet connection which can be obtained by signing up to the "ISP" or Internet Service Provider. This can be a cable internet connection through a telephone connection, eg speedy or any other ISP services via telephone. Wireless connection, either through mobile phones or wireless internet connection.
- Internet browser software. The most popular is called Internet Explorer version 7 or 8 ("IE"). The second most common browser is Mozilla Firefox. Other options include a browser: Chrome, AOL, Opera, and Netscape.
- Anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware. For example: Symantec / Norton or McAffee, Avira Antivirus, AVG is my personal favorite. This software will help protect your computer from viruses that many scattered on the internet.
- Email client software. If you frequently use email and email archiving needs to be checked at any time, including when not online, email client software must absolutely belongs. Some email client software that you can use include: Outlook or Outlook Express, or a free email client software such as thunderbird.
- Optional: stereo speakers, microphone, and webcam.
- Optional: anti-spam software.
- Optional: Censorware, to help prevent our children from content that is not supposed to be seen.
That's the list of devices that we need to connect our computers to the internet securely.